WebGoddess.net was founded in 1998 (with clients still from that period), specializing in small business, entrepreneurs and non-profits.
Website Consulting and Design
Internet and intranet consulting: site analysis, web site and graphic design, hosting, copy-editing, organization of materials, E-commerce solutions, forms, mailing lists, traffic analysis, search engine preparation and submission.
List of current web sites at http://www.webgoddess.net/portfolio.html
Other specialties: Database-driven software front ends, usability optimization, search engine optimization
- HTML, CSS (PC- Dreamweave - Adobe CS4 Web Premium, TopStyle)
- Web site building, creation and design
- Web graphics, creation and optimization (Photoshop, Fireworks, Flash, Xara Xtreme, others)
- Copy writing and editing
- SEO site optimization
- Hosting provided on Linux servers
- Common Internet protocols such as FTP (Shell Unix commands)
- Create/edit/optimize audio and video files, both music and speaking
- Social networking
Web Content Manager
July 2000-May 2002
Department 56 is a manufacturer of collectibes and gift items. When I joined the company in July, 2000, their site was buried in the search engines behind every D56 collector and dealer. The construction of the site was largely responsible for this condition, with the unnecessary use of overly-large graphics and slow-loading animations. Users had by-passed the expensive front page feature because of load time. Over a period of a year and within budget, I directed an effort that completely revamped the site.
- Oversaw public consumer site and was content administratator for private extranet site
- Redesign of main public website
- Increased web traffic
- Improved usability - responded to users' requests and usability studies
- Brought site from buried position to tops of search engines
- Significantly reduced "webmaster" complaint emails
- Created a more efficient web interface with consumer services, thus reducing their email response load
- Managed launching of 8 specialty sites for company
- Managed 25th Anniversary site with online enrollment, countdown and news updates for celebration thousands attended in 2001.
- Managed hosting of two web servers and database server farm for heavily trafficked consumer site
- Managed day to day content on all sites
- Created and manipulated images for web usage (average intro of a few hundred products twice yearly)
- Kept product images current on both sites
- Planned and managed technical upgrades to site
- Web design
- Copy writing
- Advised company on web-related issues
- Managed 50+ domain names
- Project Manager for site redesign
- Contributed on on usability of extranet site design
- Interfaced with Sales, Customer Service, Consumer Services, IS, Marketing, Creative, Publishing and other departments and vendors to create content for both sites
- Helped pick and manage various vendors
- Translated printed company material to web
- Orchestrated and implemented two new product launches and retirement announcements per year, both sites
- Helped create and manage budget for department
May 1996-April 1999
WAM!NET was a start-up tech company with very little web presence and a beginning of a company intranet. I established the company on the Web and created an extensive company intranet, as well as helping to design one of the company's user interfaces for a web application.
- Designed and implemented company intranet, internet and extranets.
- Automation of office procedures via web forms.
- Interfaced with Sales and Marketing, Product Marketing, HR, company executives, customer service, technical and other departments.
- Designed user interfaces for database driven applications.
- Managed part-time help including consultants and interns.
- Attended industry conferences and workshops, stay current in industry standards and developments.
- Platforms used: PC, Mac and Unix
Gordon Altman Butowsky Weitzen
Shalov & Wein
New York, New York
May 1993-April 1996
This lawfirm has since dissolved. I came into the company as Evening Word Processing Coordinator and left (to move to Minnesota) as Network Administrator. I also designed their initial web site.
- Administration of 120 node, 3 server Novell LAN: adding/deleting users,
hardware and software troubleshooting, help desk, daily backup and offsite
storage of data, electronic transfer of documents
- Administrated document management software (report writing, archiving, reconstructions, compactions)
- Coordinated Systems Department tasks
- One-on-one and classroom training of staff and attorneys
- Technical writing and user manuals: composition, edit and design
- Interviewed prospective personnel and vendors
- Planned and realized office automation such as desktop Lexis, faxing
and Internet access
- Supervised and coordinated word processing projects and overflow,
including management of full-time and temporary word processing operators,
overtime secretaries, designing and maintaining forms and macros, typesetting
for camera ready art
- Analyzed, selected, installed, learned and trained on assorted
specialty applications EDGAR certified for electronic SEC filing; EDGAREase
and EDGARLink software.
- Designed and administered the firm's first Internet presence.
- Software: Novell 3.1, DOS, Windows 3.1 and 95, SoftSolutions
(DOS/Windows), WordPerfect: WP5.1 DOS, WPWin 5.2 and 6.1, GroupWise, PerfectOffice
Suite, WordPerfect Office 3.1, EDGAREase, EDGARLink, CompareRite, FullAuthority,
various communications software, SHIVA Network Modem, PCAnywhere, ArcServe
and ArcSolo, memory management software, various Internet including Netscape,
Word Processing Specialist
Word Processing Operator, Trainer, Consultant
New York, New York
- Freelance word processing
- Private training
- Consulted to small firms: office automation, macros, forms, training
Hill, Betts & Nash
New York, New York
- Secretary to Litigation Partner and Senior Litigation Associate
- WordPerfect instruction and help desk
- Designed and typeset firm newsletter; contributed WordPerfect column
- Managed three-firm publication of environmental law synopsis: coordinated
staffs of three firms, designed and realized camera-ready art
- Assisted in preparation of corporate documents: contracts, laws
Imposition Press, Inc.
New York, New York
- Managed print brokers office: all documentation, billing, accounting
(converted to automated system), originated office procedures, designed
forms, supervised and trained staff, typesetting and desktop publishing.